ST. LOUIS COUNTY, Mo. – St. Louis County will have new water lines as Missouri American Water said it will replace approximately 95,000 feet of water main starting this month.
The $52 million investment will increase service reliability for Missouri American Water customers and strengthen water flows through fire hydrants, according to a Missouri American Water press release.
The replacement includes upgrading the four-inch, six-inch and eight-inch mainlines that were originally installed between the 1920s and 1960s. Previous lines will be replaced with new 12-inch and 16-inch ductile iron lines.
Some of the major replacement areas include W. Florissant Avenue, Page Avenue, Dale Avenue, N. Lindbergh Boulevard, MacKenzie Road, and S. Laclede Station Road.
“Maintaining water lines is just as important as maintaining our roads and bridges,” St. Louis County Councilman Rita Heard Days said in a statement. “Residents of the community will enjoy safe and reliable water when they turn on the tap.”
Construction on most projects will begin in January and continue through May, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Service line transfers and street restorations are expected to be completed in July, according to the press release.
Below are the locations where the pipeline replacement projects will take place, as noted in the press release:
- Over 9,000 feet along Page Avenue between Crystal Ct. to Spencer Avenue in Overland. Missouri American Water works in conjunction with the Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT). Work will take place from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Saturday for the waterworks. There will be lane breaks west of I-170. Crews can switch to night work for any major street or intersection.
- Nearly 6,000 feet along N. Lindbergh Boulevard between Elmgrove Avenue and Charbonier Road in Hazelwood and Florissant. Missouri American Water works in conjunction with MoDOT. The work will take place from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday to Saturday to reduce the impact on traffic.
- Nearly 5,000 feet along MacKenzie Road between Gravois Road and Heege Road in unincorporated St. Louis County.
- Nearly 5,000 feet along Watson Road between Oak Knoll Manor Court and Trianon Parkway Drive in Shrewsbury and in Malborough between Pembroke Drive and Oak Knoll Manor Drive, and between 8300 Watson Rd. to S. Laclede Station Road.
- Nearly 4,500 feet along Dale Avenue between S. Hanley Road and Big Bend Boulevard in Richmond Heights. One lane will be closed during the works.
- Over 4,000 feet along W. Florissant Avenue between Apricot Avenue and the city limits of St. Louis in Jennings.
- Over 4,000 feet along S. Laclede Station Road between S. Rock Hill Road and Heege Road in unincorporated St. Louis County.
- Almost 3,000 feet along Watson Road between Oak Knoll Manor Court and Trianon Parkway Drive in Shrewsbury.
- Over 2,500 feet along East Lane between Tesson Ferry Road and Greenton Way in unincorporated South St. Louis County.
- Over 2,000 feet along Lemay Ferry Road between Longview Drive and Mehl Avenue in the unincorporated county of South St. Louis.
- Almost 1,600 feet along Knollstone Drive between Pershall Road and Knollway Drive in Ferguson.
Missouri American Water urges motorists to drive with caution in construction zones and to obey traffic signs, detour routes and flaggers. The water company will provide updates on the projects.
For emergency alerts and notifications, visit Missouri American Water website.
Suggest a fix